Sunday, November 4, 2012

Menu Plan–November 4

Is anyone else thankful for the extra hour of sleep?  What a blessing at this time of the year – and given the last couple of weeks, I more than needed it.  With the weather turning cooler, last week we made one of our favorite soups – St. Margaret’s Charity Meatball Tortellini Soup.

This soup is amazing.  I don’t know what it is about the combination of these ingredients {they are really simple}, but they create an amazing taste. 

We also enjoyed another fall favorite – Whole Wheat Pumpkin Sweet Potato Gingersnaps.   These are delightfully moist and packed full of flavor. 

As we move toward Thanksgiving, I’ve decided to slow down the frequency of posts here on Finding Joy in My Kitchen.  At this point, I’m planning for 3 recipe posts a week, and of course, Friday Favorite Finds

This will give me the time I need to enjoy this holiday season with my family and continue with my responsibilities teaching 80 college kiddos biology this semester. 

This week, we’re planning to eat:

Sunday
Buttercup Squash Baked Oatmeal {new}, craisins
Roasted Red Pepper Soup & Whole Wheat Pretzels

To Do: Thaw spaghetti sauce

Monday
Leftover Baked Oatmeal
Leftover Soup & Pretzels
Crockpot Ziti, Olive Garden Bread Sticks, Green Beans

To Do: Prep crockpot ziti in the morning, thaw bread sticks, thaw chicken

Tuesday
Waffles of Insane Greatness {freezer}, raspberry sauce
Leftover Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Stew with Brown Rice

To Do: Make apple sauté

Wednesday
Oatmeal with Maple Apple Sauté
Leftover Chicken Stew
Leftovers

To Do: Thaw muffins, thaw Italian sausage, chop veggies

Thursday
Pumpkin Apple Muffins, applesauce
Leftovers
Cheese-Crusted Lasagna Soup

To Do: Prep potatoes for crockpot

Friday
Scramble Melt
Leftover soup, whole wheat crackers
Pizza-Stuffed {new} Crockpot Baked Potatoes

Saturday
TBD
Gilled Cheese, roasted tomato soup
Parmesan Chicken Bake {new} with squash & broccoli

Snacks
Spiced Country Applesauce
Popcorn
Apple Chips

If you have leftover Halloween Candy – this Candy Shop Pizza is one of our favorite ways to use it up – makes for a great treat to share with others. 

Menu Plan Monday is hosted at Organizing Junkie - stop by for hundreds of menus

Find more great menus at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for your meal plans! I literally wait for it each week and use so many of your recipes! Thanks for making my job easier. Most of my recipe binder is from FJIMK. :-)

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, looks like a tasty week at your place friend! I love the sound of that Cheese Crusted Lasagna Soup! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...