Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Crockpot Recipes

One kitchen gadget I absolutely love is my crockpot! Just this summer, I discovered you can made desserts, good desserts, in your crockpot. If you haven't tried it, think about it -- delicious desserts without heating up your kitchen!!

http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Screen-shot-2009-11-16-at-1.20.02-PM.png

Not only are they great for desserts -- but they make a warm meal ready when I walk in the door after a long day. Over the past year, I've discovered that I can make healthy meals in the crockpot to feed my family without relying on the traditional "packaged" foods that go into many crockpot recipes (i.e., canned and dried soups, etc.).

As part of Lindsay's Nourishing Crockpot Carnival today, I'm highlighting the recipes you can find on this blog that I consider rather healthy and nourishing for our family:

Main Dishes

Crockpot Minestrone



Lucy's Amazing Chili



Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce



Crockpot Apple Bacon Pork Chops



Crockpot Autumn Pork



Crockpot Broccoli Beef



Crockpot Chicken Parmesan



Crockpot Honey Lime Chicken



Crockpot Lemon Herby Chicken



Crockpot Mushroom Pork



Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak



Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham


Crockpot Swiss Steak



Crockpot Ratatouille



Crockpot Zucchini Lasagna





Desserts

Crockpot Apple Cake (which just happens to be fat free)



Crockpot Apple Cobbler



Crockpot Berry Cobbler



This post is also linked to:

7 comments:

  1. Those recipes look great. I've been very frustrated with my crock pot being too hot. From what I've read, all of them are like that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You certainly know how to use a crockpot. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ALL look fantastic! I too use my crockpot quite a bit. It is a true lifesaver on some evenings! Thanks for posting!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should stop looking at these recipes when I'm hungry...it would help with the drooling! I love your ideas and will save them. I've been trying to use my crockpot more lately, so this is a great resource. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love love love my crockpot. Well, actually ... I don't love MY crockpot, but I do love crockpotting. Mine is not very good actually. It cooks everything way too fast. But .. I am hoping to get a new one for Christmas that will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have any recipes that are "freezer to crock pot" ones? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of these are freezer-to-crockpot, but that's a great idea. Something I'll have to work on :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...