Sunday, June 13, 2010

Menu Plan - June 13



Epic fail this week at the menu plan!

I planned to go to the grocery store on Sunday... but it didn't happen until Tuesday night; and that trip only happened because I realized the milk was on its way out ....

We hit up the grocery store so we could make dinner and finally sat down to a delicious dinner of wheat buttermilk pancakes with blueberries well after 8pm.



While we stuck to the menu plan a bit better as the week progressed, we also:
  • learned on Thursday that the offer we put in on a house was accepted!!!  Lord willing, we will be homeowners at the beginning of August :)  
  • had the honor of being a part of the wedding of my best friend!  She married an amazing man of God and it was a blessing to be a part of their special day!
  • celebrated the upcoming arrival of my sister and brother-in-law's new baby!!  We had a wonderful baby shower... complete with my first attempt at making a cake {photos and recipe to come},
  • and.... oh, well, this one's a secret.  Stay tuned.  
Last week, we enjoyed:





Steak Fajitas
(new)




(blackberries and blueberries)




On our menu this week we have...


Monday
B - Granola, craisins
D - Rice Cooker Mac and Cheese, broccoli


Tuesday
B- Oatmeal with apples
D - Mushroom and Spinach Quesadillas, fresh fruit
Dessert - Blueberry Rhubarb Dump Cake


Wednesday
B - Egg Sandwiches, OJ
D - Lemon and Parmesan Pasta (new)
Dessert for Life Group: Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies (new)


Thursday
B - Granola, dried cherries and apples
D - Chicken Pasta Salad (or Pasta and Zucchini)

Saturday
B - Apple Muffins
L - Toasted Sandwiches, mixed veggies
D - Tuscan Lemon Chicken, garlic fries (new) and grilled broccoli (new)

What are you planning to eat this week?  

15 comments:

  1. Your pregnant?!? My word. Okay, guess there's nothing like starting a rumor...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo congratulations on the house! I'm so glad you'll be able to move in before the school year starts (you will move in before you start the new job, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to copy a few of these recipes and try them. The travel bars look killer - the Ziti looks so good, I don't know if I can sell my husband on the spinich though, and the baked oatmeal would be so good to take to work for my morning snack! Does it travel well or is it crumbly? Anyway - thanks for sharing! You are a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your almost homeowner status! That is so awesome!

    And congrats to your sister. Boy or girl?!?!?

    I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for this surprise that you have in store.

    And that baked ziti is rocking my world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh where have I been, your last weeks recipes look awesome! Congrats on the house, how very exciting!

    I am also waiting to hear your secret!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the house! I hope that everything goes according to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful looking menu and your pictures of your dishes are GREAT!! Congrats on the new home, your friends wedding and the new baby coming :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great menu! It seems like my menu plan gets disrupted every week...it's a good thing we learn to be flexible :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing the surprise is the new blog design. Looks good!

    Congratulations on the house and the "aunt status."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the new look is super cute, but I am going to be seriously disappointed if that was the secret. Like "no reason" I was thinking baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news on the house! The travel bars look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those travel bars look amazing!!! They would travel all the way from the counter into my mouth ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...