Sunday, January 10, 2010

Menu Plan - Jan. 10



We had the great pleasure of enjoying a week and a half with my family in the frozen tundra last week. After we surprised my sister and saw her off for her trip to Africa, we spent the next few days playing games and eating yummy food. As usual, when I visit, my "gift" to my parents is to cook! We had a great, yummy and filling menu plan last week.

My mom and I had a great time cooking and eating together in her kitchen. Then, we'd go workout together too! We cooked up a storm... and I have lots more yummy recipes to come in my series: From My Mom's Kitchen.









Sweet and Sour Pork



Orange Cranberry Muffins



Crockpot Chicken Parmesan



Mushroom and Barley Soup



Taco Dip



Wheat French Bread



Broiled Grapefruit



Baked Doughnuts



This is the first week of the spring semester, and what (Lord willing) will likely be my last semester in school!!!!! I'm on track to finish my PhD in the next 16 weeks... prayers are much appreciated.

Since it's snowy and cold, and we ate ourselves silly last week, we have lots of veggie-packed soups on our menu this week:

Sunday
Breakfast - Baked Oatmeal, peaches
Dinner - Minestrone with Spinach, Artisan bread rolls (new)

Monday
Breakfast - Oatmeal with apple-y syrup
Dinner - Baked Ziti (new), mixed veggies

Tuesday
Breakfast - Granola
Dinner - Leftovers

Wednesday
Breakfast - Granola
Dinner - Crockpot Chicken and Barley Soup (new), Artisan bread - french

Thursday
Breakfast - Omelets, fruit
Dinner - Christmas/New Year Party with Life Group - Chili and corn bread???

Friday
Breakfast - Oatmeal Waffles, applesauce
Dinner - Crockpot Honey Lime Chicken, rice, carrots


Saturday
Breakfast - Veggie Egg Scramble, grapefruit
Dinner - Meatball Tortellini Soup, rolls
Dessert - Ice Cream and Baked Apples

12 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see the new recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plan sounds good, and I love all the photos! I'm checking out the crockpot chicken parm and I look forward to the baked doughnuts recipe. Happy MPM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'll be sure to come back and check out the WW french bread recipe! And the Honey Lime chicken looks fantastic! I might give that a go to!
    Thanks
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those pictures of the recipes to come are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to agree with Melissa. I can't wait for the doughnut recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to the recipe for baked donuts. You are remarkably well organized.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wheat french bread and baked doughnuts... sounds delicious. I've been wondering about trying your french bread recipe with some wheat in it. I'll wait and see how you put it together. Thanks for sharing all these great recipes! Looking forward to seeing all the new ones added.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many good choices here! We'll be trying out those apple rolls and the mushroom soup for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see some of the recipes to come! Great Menu and Pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm....your muffins and doughnuts have made me hungry again already this morning. I love muffins because they freeze so beautifully for easy school morning breakfasts. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures as well. There are so many great ideas here for future menus.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...